Saturday, January 22, 2011

What Happened to this Blog?



Dear Friends,


Sorry for leaving the blog empty so long without explaining what was happening.


I have been experiencing a lot of illness lately and recently found I am Diabetic.


Unfortunately there has been complications that led to a lengthy hospital stay.


Fortunately my illness (acute Cellulitus) led to the discovery that my kidneys were failing and I have the start of congestive heart failure. While having my leg virtually torn apart was tough, at least they caught these illnesses before they became fatal.


Right now I am recuperating, it is hard to write while under the influence of so many medications, but I am doing research and attempting to write and rewrite some stories.


New stories should be coming soon, but they will come out slowly at the start. (Unless something awesome comes my way during my rehabilitation!). I am also finally finishing my Masters of Divinity (2 courses to go) after a 20 year hiatus from academia so the next months shall be chalenging.


Just to let you know I have not given up on the blog or my Examiner site, and a new book should be out around Halloween as well.


I would appreciate your prayers no matter what your faith. God has been very good and close to me, and I have the best church family in the known multiverse.


Thanks for hanging with me. Look to my Examiner poage within the next week for a cryptid story from Erie County PA.


Blessings and Until Next Time,

Pastor Swope
BTW, feel free to friend me up on Facebook! http://www.facebook.com/robin.swope

13 comments:

Angela said...

So sorry to hear that you've been ill, Rev. Swope. I've been following your blog for about 6 months and thoroughly enjoy your writings. Sending prayers and good thoughts for a fast and full recovery. (Facebook friend request sent!)

Anonymous said...

May God's healing hand be upon you.

After not looking at this link for many months I stop in today and see this.

Prayers for your complete recovery.

chirish said...

Hope you get better and stronger with every passing day. And good luck with your studies. I will pray for your continued recovery. Take care.

Anonymous said...

Wishing you the best Pastor Swope. Our thoughts and prayers go with you.
We all enjoy your blog but we will wait for our Paranormal Pastor to heal. Godspeed!
Joe

Lorenzo Mann said...

Good luck for a speedy recovery and thanks for letting us know what is happening with you.

Anonymous said...

I'm so glad to hear from you. I really hope you start to feel better soon. I'll be praying for you.

Anonymous said...

Getting yourself stable and well is the priority here. Your blog can wait. So get well.

Pharos said...

Hope you are doing better!

Jum said...

I felt an ache in my heart when I read of your trials and struggles. Please know that your many readers have greatly missed your blogging, which serves a needful purpose in examining the unusual and inexplicable through the eyes of a Christian. I pray that God will bless you, and give you healing, peace and serenity. May He lift you up and hold you and yours in the palm of His hand.

Pastor Swope said...

Thank you all for the encouragement I can't tell you how much it has meant to me.

Even though the last few months have been a blur, it's been a blessing. God has answered prayers and my healing has been nothing short of miraculous. Just 2 weeks ago my leg was a mess, infected, swollen and open wounds. Now all I have is a slight fever and some discoloration and scarring on my leg. Within 2 weeks I should be back to work at my secular job at the hospital. The Doctor and Nurses at the wound clinic were amazed. I still have yet to get the results of my tests on my kidneys, but I will keep you updated.

One thing that is a true blessing is that I am completing my Seminary work very quickly so by mid summer I may take the reigns as senior pastor at my church if they are willing and the denomination can accept my paranormal sidework. The congregation has no problem with it at all, but the denominational leaders are a little concerned. But God will work everything out as He always does. I am just very blessed by His hand on my life.

Again, thank you all for the prayers and encouragement. I have some interesting stuff in the wings that cover everything from miraculous Missionary stories to UFO theories and Cryptid encounters. So keep checking back!

Blessings,
Robin

JeniferPiccirillo said...

Rev. as a Diabetic who was diagnosed when I was 19 (am now 34) I sympathize. Luckily mine was found early due to routine pregnancy testing that didnt go away after the baby was born.

My heart aches to see its progressed this far but praise the lord it was found when it was so it doesn't get WORSE. you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Jen

Anonymous said...

I had no idea. Take care of yourself, Pastor Swope. Your writing has been a wonderful beacon to me, but all else pales when it comes to your health. I hope the recuperation is going well.

Anonymous said...

I've been reading your blog for quite some time, but have been busy at my new job for the last few months. Although this was an older post of yours, I do hope you are feeling better. At least they caught it before it got any worse!

Prayers to you,
Sarah