Sunday, September 18, 2011

Does Lake Erie Harbor an Underwater UFO Base?


Around 9Pm on Saturday September 17th 2011 unknown air borne phenomenon was observed over Lake Erie near western Erie County Pennsylvania by two households.

Two residents of Japan street in Millcreek Township had stepped outside for a smoke when they noticed 6 orange glowing objects in the sky, car alarms and police sirens had gone off at the same time as the incident and the pair went over to their neighbors house to verify what they were seeing. Here is his testimony as per the MUFON database:
It was approximately 9-910pm. My neighbor and his friend knocked on my door and started to tell me about these abnormal lights they saw in the sky. Then we saw one orangeish light in the sky. It was North/North West from my house, so it appeared to be above Lake Erie.

The light was visible for about a minute. It appeared to be moving west(left in the sky) slightly, the light started to fade a little bit, then completely disappeared. During this time the light moved up and down slightly. The light was orange, but didn't appear to be a fireball. It was not making any sounds that we could hear.

My neighbor and his friend then told me that maybe 4-5 minutes before, they stepped outside their house to smoke. They saw 6 orange lights (like the one I saw). The lights appeared to be north/north west (again appearing to be above Lake Erie
) They ran into their front yard to get a better look. The six lights appeared to be in some sort of formation, moving together. During this time multiple car alarms in our neighbor hood alarmed (I heard these while I was inside my house) The car alarms were on different streets. After about a minute or two, they came and knocked on my door, that is when I saw the one light I previously mentioned.

When I first saw the object, I wasn't sure what it was, planes usually appear higher in the sky. Also I've never seen a plane with an orange light like that. I really couldn't think of any logical explanations, especially after the story my neighbor and his friend told me of seeing six lights. We all found it to be slightly odd that there were a number of car alarms that had gone off as well. I have no clue what it was, but it was definitely out of the ordinary.

The witness had contacted me on Facebook within minutes of the sighting asking if I had heard anything about the phenomenon, his description of the object was similar to the UFO filmed over Moscow on September 9th of this year:



When the witness saw this video he said the object was very very similar to what he encountered on the 17th. Could this be the same or same type of object?

Southern Lake Erie has been a hotspot of UFO and aerial phenomenon lately. One of the chapters in my latest book "Eerie Erie: Tales of the Unexplained from Northwestern Pennsylvania" (The History Press, July 2011) is titled "A Hidden Underwater UFO Base in Lake Erie" in this chapter I recount the mass of UFO sightings above and below the waters of Lake Erie within the past few years. Massive objects being reported crashing into the waters on the Lake's Southern shore, an amazing incident of a large UFO landing on the icy Lake that launched scout ships witnessed and recorded by Coast Guards, and many more.

On August 8th of this year, a fireball was detected by all-sky cameras from the Southern Ontario Meteor Network at 1:22 a.m. EDT. According to Space.com, "It was picked up over Lake Erie and proceeded south-southeast over Ohio," said Bill Cooke, head of NASA's Meteoroid Environments Office at the Marshall Space Flight Center in Huntsville, Ala.The meteor was last tracked north of Gustavus, Ohio, and the potential impact zone for meteorite fragments is a region east of Cleveland"
A similar object impacted in lake Erie in 2008. On November 13th 2008 the Ashtabula Star Beacon reported that multiple witnesses from Ashtabula to Madison Ohio had heard and witnessed a large object crash into Lake Erie's southern shore. At first police and local authorities thought it to be an aircraft, but Madison Township police Sgt. Rick Barson is quoted in the Ashtabula Star Beacon as saying, “We had enough information from two people in separate places that seemed to have seen the same thing, but we had trouble getting a good description that would fit the type of craft we believed this plane could be.” Later NASA would claim that the object entering the lake was a meteorite, but that is not what the witnesses saw, they saw a craft of some sort.

Lake Erie has a long history of unexplained aerial and underwater phenomenon. For centuries Lake Erie has been host to a phenomena that many in past eras have called “Wizard Lights”. In the December 12, 1867 issue of the Brooklyn Eagle there is an article “A Curious Phenomenon on Lake Erie” in which is recounted the instance of a burning ghost ship seen off Erie. The writer reports that local sailors have been seeing these lights for over 50 years throughout the lake. When rescuers would venture off toward the burning lights, they would simply vanish. Soon the sailors would nomore go to the rescue when these lights appeared, they knew that they were something odd...something otherworldly.

Recently places on the western part of the like such as Sandusky and Cleveland have been hotbeds of UFO activity and simular lights have been filmed, making them a Youtube sensation. These UFOs have been investigated by world famous UFO researchers and even the focus of such cable television shows such as “UFO Hunters” and “UFO Files”. Cleveland ufologist Aaron Clark in the March 8, 2007 Cleveland Plain Dealer declares that "Some believe there's a UFO base on the bottom of the lake."

After compiling incidents from MUFON, eyewitnesses and other UFO databases, I have noticed that there have been an alarming amount of diverse UFO sightings above and below the surface of Lake Erie within the past decade. Does Lake Erie play host to some sort of underwater UFO/USO base? Something is happening below its murky waves, something unexplained.

Until Next Time,
Pastor Swope

19 comments:

Mike said...

Not air 'born'. The word is 'borne' if you are Canadian or US American or even 'bourne' if British.

Further, you can hyphenate the two words into one like so, 'air-borne' or even merge them into a compound word, 'airborne'.

Great article, great story... just need to work a bit on the writing part of it :)

Anonymous said...

I live in waterloo iowa and have seen the exact same light in the sky. I was going on my nightly walk and talking to my ex on the phone. I told her to hold on. Over my head was a huge glowing fireball. It was quiet but so big. I told my ex about it but she just blew it off.

Pastor Swope said...

Thanks Mike,

I blame Microsoft...and writing after a long day! :)

Andrew said...

I live in Erie, PA on a ridge a few miles from the lake shore that has a panorama view of Lake Erie. In the past couple of years since actively watching the skies I have seen numerous strange lights at night that maneuver in strange ways, hover, and disappear right before my eyes. Other people I know have had multiple daytime sightings of shiny metallic crafts hovering both inland and over the lake. I have suspected that there is something anomalous about this area to account for the frequent sightings and an underwater base in the lake seems to be a plausible explanation.

knipper said...

I was stationed in Cold Lake Alberta Canada, (Airforce Base) While I was working one night I saw the exact same orange ball of light which would have been over Cold Lake itself. I contacted the Control Tower and the airforce had no aircraft up nor were there any reports of training by the Military using paraflares.

Anonymous said...

Two words: Coast Guard.

We had a similar incident occur off the shore of Lake Ontario a few years back. Strange lights going back and forth in a strange pattern. People naturally jumped the gun and assumed visitors from space, when in reality it was a flight of rescue choppers searching for a wrecked boat and it's missing crew. I'm sure if people did some digging, they will find out it's likely an aircraft of some sort - probably a helicopter.

Anonymous said...

How could that be a helicopter! I've seen many incidents of strange sighting, but a continuation of sightings both day and night describing these images cannot just be an aircraft by the military or rescue force. This stuff is real people. UFO's exists and they have been around for thousands of years.

Anonymous said...

nothing would surprise me anymore-

I've had too many of my own freaky experiences in my life beginning in my childhood that continue to this day (no, UFOs were not involved)-

as a former Cleveland, Ohioian now living in Europe, all I can say is I never felt "comfortable" (gut feeling) growing up in NE Ohio-

I think my inner voice was not lying to me

Anonymous said...

This is Rusty in OK ... what are your thoughts on the Todd Sees/ UFO incident further into central PA about 7 years ago. Any new info?

Anonymous said...

two words: you're confused.

coast guard? LOL man they're the ones reporting a lot of these sightings... you'd think they would know and have the expertise to identify something out of the ordinary? no? haha...

right, and I'm sure EVERY single incident involving UFOS can easily be explained away by "helicopters with strange lights"... dude you're tripping. there have been many credible air force personnel and pilot witnesses who have 10s of years of experience with identifying aircraft and maneuvers of air craft who know the difference between "helicopter strange lights" and something they've never seen in the skies maneuvering in ways they've never seen aircraft move in. you can't just write off everything of this nature to obvious explanations... sorry dude, it's the 21st century check out the Disclosure Project, and do a little research on the other side of the spectrum.

Casieopea said...

I will say that I grew up on Lake Erie and my dad was a Police Office in the town of Port Clinton, which is situated right on the edge of lake Erie. My mom was a deputy US Marshall at the time as well.
My father recounts stories in the 1950's of following fast moving "lights" that were not part of Camp Perry nor were they moving in such a way to be planes or helicopters. The entire shift of officers was involved in the tracking of these lights for no less than 1/2 hour. Then, after they got close - they just disappeared. I dont know what it was - but I will tell you when an entire shift of police officers is tracking it - it is SOMETHING and it isnt a plane .

Anonymous said...

I live in Geneva, Ohio (Ashtabula County). I saw the same light on the night in question and was researching it to see if anyone else had saw it. I was outside with my 14 year old daughter and 8 year old son shooting basketball that night. We saw a light in the distance that was moving at a high rate of speed across the sky in a northenrly direction and it was burning. It was moving way to fast to be a plane or helicopter We could clearly see the flames. Then the object came to a sudden stop and the flames dissappered. The object appeared to move slightly left, right, and up and down in the same general vicinity for the next few minutes. Then it just disappeared.

Anonymous said...

Well Hello From REV WILL from the Cleveland Ufology Project hear near lake Erie. I have Been research the build of a UFO base under lake Erie for years. From 152 street off I_90 to Up PA is Deep Water.. UFO data that I found UFO Like Fresh water. The orb you see have Plazma In them.. Thease ET orb can think on their own. As the Public You can 't take a submariner to many area of the Lake Bottom. The Navy Has 2 sub that Do research on the bottom of the Lake for many years.

Anonymous said...

The base is very real.

Anonymous said...

Erie PA about 2 miles from Lake Erie ..... I live up off State and west 38th street area from lake Erie up behind the local news station , tonight Aug 23rd 2013 at around 11 or 11:15 pm or so I was out back checking on my backyard fountain and fish were there is a private park as well, I caught something in the corner of my eye in the sky east words heading west which was headed towards me. the light was not white and not quite yellow maybe greenish gold... very high up quite bright no noise came from it. It seamed to me as though it was pulsating. It moved at a slow to moderate passe ... I thought at first it might be a plane with its landing lights on till it got closer and then it seamed as though the lights imploded on it then became a tinny light looking to be vary small or it was further away then I thought! Then in a flash it stopped and shot straight up and was no longer visible ... I would say it was traveling between 26th and 38th street ... This is a third of my sightings since I have moved to this area the first was back in 2011 If you go to this video you will see what I saw tonight! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v... it was caught last year just found it while looking to see if anyone else had seen and reported what I had seen tonight ... ... The 2011 one was reported to MUFON as ( lights over Erie PA.) http://lightsinthetexassky.blo... by a local police officer there is also a map satellite picture provided by Google earth were it was captured as well on that sight!!! It traveled over lake Erie from the east to west moved off lake traveled up State Street and hovered over my neighborhood and was the size of maybe 3 or four football fields blocked out the sky I would say it was maybe only a couple miles high above red lights that pulsated very slowly I thought if it fell it would crush our homes for several blocks ... the next I saw in the same location as tonight's in my back yard but was closer larger greenish gold pulsating and traveling west to east over the city sphere shaped! What are we seeing? Just surprised there are not more people reporting them? I also posted to another web site that takes UFO reports (http://www.ufostalker.com/ufostalker/UFO+Sighting+in+North+East+Pennsylvania+United+States+on+June+29th+2013/48546

Anonymous said...

I was in Erieau on the Canadian side of the lake last night, absolutely perfect clear weather and little wind. Around 8:15 to 9:45 I was with a friend watching the water towards Cleveland and saw these glowing balls, as many as 3 at a time, and occasionally what looked like a burning fire on the lake as well that would show up and disappear. One of the best moments was when two of the lights joined together in the sky. I imagine the lights kept happening but I left. My friend had seen the lights a few years ago, also in September.

Anonymous said...

I was in Erieau on the Canadian side of the lake last night, absolutely perfect clear weather and little wind. Around 8:15 to 9:45 I was with a friend watching the water towards Cleveland and saw these glowing balls, as many as 3 at a time, and occasionally what looked like a burning fire on the lake as well that would show up and disappear. One of the best moments was when two of the lights joined together in the sky. I imagine the lights kept happening but I left. My friend had seen the lights a few years ago, also in September.

Anonymous said...

If I was to guess I would say the lights are Chinese paper lanterns. They carry out for quite a distance, and go up and down, before finally "disappearing". We set them off all the time. A neighbor once sent off over 100 of them for a wedding, and they look like orange glowing balls.

Pastor Swope said...

I first thought they were japanese paper lanterns at first also. But in comparison the ones seen locally do not act like balloons. They make right angles and make course changes against the winds. Professional astronomers and aircraft who are local have no idea what they are.
They have been in the area for centuries, long before japanese lanterns were used for American weddings.